Saturday, February 7, 2009

2 weeks

Been a busy little while.

In addition to the regular job, and all of the stress that comes with that, not much was going right with this short film. February 21st seemed to be fast approaching, and I didn't have
anything in place to film. No cast. None of my vital crew. In fact, I was moving backwards in that I had no costume designer, production manager, 1st AD, Casting director, DOP, now Production Coordinator. But then, things started to come together.

It all started with the Casting Director. One big piece of the puzzle fell into place on Monday, and by Tuesday we had a solid number of performers willing to try out for the show, and will have some cast by Tuesday. Awesome.

Then the DOP. Still haven't met in person with him, but talked to him 3 times this week, and feel confident that everything is under control on that end. Hopefully he will be able to find a small grip/electrics crew to come along. That would take another large stressful thing off my plate.

Then we got a great combo package of Make-up artist and her friend a costume designer. Both work on a major TV show here in Vancouver, so with them comes free, or cheap, wardrobe and make-up.

And the week ended with with a new 1st AD. Someone I've worked with in my capacity as an ALM in the past, and who I've enjoyed working with. But... I still need Grip crew, electrics crew, Craft service, catering, and possibly a camera crew. Help?

2 Weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment