Wednesday, January 14, 2009

On the ground - At full stop

Things aren't going smoothly.

Got a call from the Producer informing me that both he and the Executive Producer would like to push our filming dates a week or so. Schedules aren't syncing, people are becoming unavailable, Casting, or lack thereof, is becoming a real issue. Something I didn't want to do. I was really hoping to get this thing in the can and a rough edit done before the end of February, but that doesn't seem as if it's going to happen. Little bit of disappointment, but oh well. The whole reason for getting it done before the end of February was to apply to one particular film festival in Toronto. But at this point, not everyone will be available for our filming on the 7th and 8th, and trying to rush things like casting won't help the project in the long term. I'll just end up settling for whatever cast I can get, and I would rather push filming by a week or two than not get the cast and performances I need. And by pushing, hopefully my 1st AD will be able to help out on set. Pushing is the best thing to do.

So now we film on the 21st and 22nd of February. Can't do it on the 14th. I'd probably lose the entire crew, and my wife. Need them.

We'll see what happens next.

Oh, and by the way, does anyone reading this know how I can get a hold of a trained pig? Something that will sleep and we can wake up on command? Just wondering.

Me sleepy now. Bedtime?

Anand

No comments:

Post a Comment