Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Who's Directing this thing anyways?

So about a week and a half ago, I was talking to one of the producers, one of MY producers about this little project. He is very interested in it and wants to help out any way he can, which I am greatly appreciative of. But then he looks at me and asks, with a straight face, "Do you have a Director in mind for your short? I looked at him and thought he was joking. He is a bit of a clown. But he was serious. After a little laughing and name calling on my part, I informed him that I would in fact direct my own short. We both laughed and that was that.

I only bring this up now because on Monday, I finally got to have a little chat with my Production Designer, and asked him if he had any feedback on the script. With a completely straight face, he told me he did, but preferred to speak directly to the director about any creative input he may have. Once again, I looked at him and thought he was joking, and once again, I realized that this was a serious statement. After a little more laughing and name calling, once again on my part, I informed him that I was in fact the director. More laughing ensued, and in the end, I forgot to get any feedback. Oh well.

But now I have this burning question in my mind.

"Who's directing this thing?"

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you need to hit everyone over the head when you first tell them about the project and say "I am DIRECTING a short film and was awarded a grant for up and coming DIRECTORS, I would like to talk to you about this amazing script that I am DIRECTING!"

    If that doesn't work try a name tag "HELLO MY NAME IS - DIRECTOR"

    ReplyDelete