Monday, March 9, 2009

Stills and Editing

After a short vacation in Vegas, landed back in Vancouver on Thursday and got back to business. Picked up the Stills photos from Goga, and boy do they look great. Words can't describe the photos, so you'll just have to see them for yourself. I put a few on the website ( www.silverdolphinfilms.ca/serum1831.html ) for anyone reading this to take a look.

Also got my first look at some of the footage yesterday. Alan put together the first scene and I gotta say it looks pretty good. Little bit of continuity issues, but overall the scene worked well. Then the second scene.

All started ok, but then turned sideways pretty fast, as the dolly move wasn't quite executed as hoped. I have 2 actors sitting across from each other in an interrogation room, and it seems that everytime one actor starts saying his lines, all I see is the back of the other actor's head, obscuring the actor delivering his lines. We noticed this on set, and it was brought to the attention of the camera department, but I don't think they got the message. The timing is just not there. Useless if we can't see the actor speaking his lines. Too bad, some of those shots were beautiful. Beautiful, but useless.

So the process goes on. Tomorrow I pick up my next drawdown of funds, and that will keep the editing ball rolling.

Until I have something more to say, enjoy some pictures.











No comments:

Post a Comment